Top 10 Search Engine Optimization Questions
- What is SEO?
- "Organic Seo" or "Natural Seo"?
- Ethical SEO (White Hat Seo) Vs Black Hat SEO
- What is Black Hat Seo?
- Why is my site not showing up in Search Engines?
- My site shows up in search results, but not for the keywords I want.
- What is Keyword Research and Seo?
- What is search friendly design?
- Do search engines still use meta tags?
- How to place in top 10 of search results?
Q.What is SEO?
SEO are specialized techniques used to optimize your web site, to be Search engine friendly and increase your chances of placing well in search results.
Without proper optimization, the chances of placing highly in Search engine results (SERPs) for the keywords important to your business, are low.
Q. What is "Organic SEO" or "Natural SEO"?
Organic Seo placement in search engine results (SERPs) means that the site naturally displays well in search results. With no need for paid inclusions, PPC advertising, or sneaky tricks often employed by black hat SEO practitioners to try and fool mother Google.
A site that has good organic placement is likely to be more stable in its long term search engine positions, with less likelihood of position changes due to new algorithms, frequently applied by Google, MSN and Yahoo
We always strive for strong organic placement More about Organic SEO
Q.Ethical SEO (White Hat Seo) Vs Black Hat SEO?
Ethical search engine optimization, in short:, is to follow guidelines and accepted standards to search engine optimize a web site. Which means we don't use any tricks or cheats that are sometime employed by "Black hat" practitioners. The end result of Ethical or "White Hat SEO" is often stronger positioning that is much longer lasting, and can withstand frequent changes made to algorithms.
Black Hat Optimization on the other hand, uses optimization strategies that can sometimes result in faster results, but most often are not long lived. Some Black Hat strategies can result in being penalized, or even permanently banned by some major search engines and directories.
White Hat Optimization is the only way to go, don't take the risk of having your site banned.
Q.What is Black Hat Seo?
Black hat optimization often employ "Tricks" such as hiding white text on white background, spamming keyword tags with hundreds of keywords, or cloaking, these black hat methods may appear to be a good thing, and in the past did fool the Search engine's.
Today, the Search engine's look for these cheats and penalize your site for their use.
We don't employ cheats or tricks to fool the Search engine's, we use approved techniques that meet Google's Guidelines for webmasters.
Q.Why is my site not showing up in Search Engines?
"Why is my site not showing up in the search engines Such as: Google, MSN, Yahoo, Excite, Lycos, or the other major search engine's?"
This is the most common FAQ we are asked
There can be many reasons a web site doesn't show up, or display well, in search engines results. Any of the following can affect on your web sites search engine positioning, and web traffic.
- You may not be using a search engine optimized web design,
- Your site may not be readable by the engines
- May be missing information critical to properly index your webpage.
- Use of some scripts can prevent search engine spiders or bots from crawling your web site or reading its content.
- Hopefully your site has not been banned or penalized by the Search engine's for some black hat trick.
- Not been properly submitted.
Note - Repeated submissions to search engines will not help.
Never employ a service which automatically or manually submits your site to search engines more than once, this is unnecessary, and can be considered spam by some engines and major directories
Q.My site shows up in search results, but not for the keywords I want?
Again, there are specialized techniques involved in optimizing a site to place well in SERPs (Search Engine Position) for specific keywords. It is not just a matter of using dozens or hundreds of keywords in your meta tags, as a matter of fact, this can have negative results. Our Search engine optimization consultants can help.
Q. What is Keyword Research in SEO?
Keyword research has a huge affect on web traffic, without knowing what the public search for and what search phrases they use, how can you expect to capitalize on potential web traffic?
We research all your most important keywords for each page you want indexed, and highly listed in engines. From there we now know what keyword phrases are most searched for, and which are a waste of time.
For example if your selling "Canadian Made Widgets"
Our research might show that the phrase
"Canadian Made widgets, " is never searched for.
"Widgets made in Canada" is searched 200 times a day.
Obviously we then want to use the keyword phrase "Widgets made in Canada"
Our keyword research experts can help identify the best keywords to target for your business.
Q. What is search friendly design?
Search friendly design means, to make a site that is easy for the search engines to read and index. Search engines can't read or index some of the following:
- Flash animation
- Java Scripts
- PHP or data base driven content, and have a hard time properly indexing these pages.
- Poison words and stop words, some words may cause your site to be penalized for inappropriate content
- Many engines and directories hate Automated Submissions, many consider them SPAM and may ban your domain for their use.
There are many aspects to consider, in order to achieve the "Top of the List" on Google, MSN and Yahoo. If your site is not search friendly and your not getting the traffic you want, let our optimization experts help redesign your site to offer the best chance of top positions.
Q. Do search engines still use meta tags?
SEO's are in disagreement on which meta tags are used by which engines and how much weight the engines place on meta tags.
The best advise we can provide is to always include meta tags, but do not abuse them by attempting to stuff them full of keywords not present on the page.
There is never any harm in including well formed, relevant meta tags.
Q.How to place in top 10 of search results?
"How do I achieve top 10 search results?"
To achieve top 10 search results your site should follow these general rules .
- Search engine friendly web design is a must
- Flash web sites can't be read by search engines
- Java script navigation should be avoided or used as secondary navigation.
- Conduct extensive keyword research and include it in your content
- Build back links aka inbound links to your site to help build Page Rank (PR) and improve search results
- Relevance, strive to make your site the most relevant to its keywords in the search engine index
- Black hat, never employ deceitful methods to fool search engines or visitors.